Odessa city council (Odessa Municipality) is a local government body representing territorial community of Odessa that carries on its behalf functions and references of local government as defined by the Constitution of Ukraine and laws of Ukraine. Department of Culture and Tourism is an executive body and structural subdivision of Odessa City Council that implements regulatory policy in the sphere of culture and tourism.
Department of culture and Tourism of Odessa City Council manages two directions:
- In the sphere of Tourism its tasks are:
- cooperation with international tourism organizations;
- promotion of different types of tourism in Odessa; providing with information about local tourism product;
- participation in national and international tourist exhibitions;
- organization of conferences,
- workshops for the tourism business workers;
- promotion of Odessa both at local and international tourist market
- signing the agreements concerning paying tourist levy with legal entities or an individuals who render services on accommodation.
- In the sphere of culture its tasks are:
- development of music, fine arts, decorative arts, folk art;
- organization of cultural leisure;
- organization of city celebrations;
- development of aesthetic education schools
- participation in and organization of international, regional and local festivals and competitions, other cultural events and local exhibitions.