Magic Winery tour in wonderful Odessa region and Sunni Georgia
|Day 1 UA, Odessa||(Sightseeing tour of Odessa; PJSC Odessavinprom «French Boulevard»; Museum of cognac business Shustov; Night in Odessa)|
|Day 2 UA, Odessa||(Grosslibental; Institute of Viticulture and Winemaking named V.Е. Tairova; Opera House; Night in Odessa)|
|Day 3 UA, Odessa – Shabo – Belgorod-Dnestrovsky – Odessa||(Arrival in Tbilisi; Monastery Ninotsminda (VI); The ancient wine cellar; Sightseeng tour in Sighnaghi (XVIII) – city of love; Night in Sighnaghi)|
|Day 4 UA-GE, Odessa – Tbilisi – Sighnaghi||(Arrival in Tbilisi; Monastery Ninotsminda (VI); The ancient wine cellar; Sightseeng tour in Sighnaghi (XVIII) – city of love; Night in Sighnaghi)|
|Day 5 GE, Sighnaghi – Telavi||(The house – museum of famous Georgian poet; Prince Alexandre Chavchavadze; Sightseeng tour in Telavi; Night in Telavi)|
|Day 6 GE, Telavi – Gori||(The ancient city of Uplistsike (VI-IV BC); Joseph Stalin’s Museum; Night in Gori)|
|Day 7 GE, Gori – Kutaisi||(Kutaisi city excursion; The Motsameta Church; Night in Kutaisi)|
|Day 8 GE, Kutaisi – Batumi||(Sightseeng tour in Batumi; Batumi botanical garden; Wine house; Night in Batumi)|
|Day 9 GE, Batumi||(Departure for Batumi airport)|
Map of the tour
In Odessa region
There’s nothing better than good wine. As well as various cultural sights and traditions, wine and culinary specialties can help better understand the region, its character, tastes and lifestyle. So come and join our 3 days wine tour in the Odessa region. Odessa, the pearl of the Black sea, is always opened to the tourists from all over the world. Throughout its history, the city was built absorbing different cultures, not just Western and Slavic. There are currently 137 nationalities. It’s a real cosmopolitan city.
DAY 1 :UA, Odessa. (Sightseeing tour of Odessa; PJSC Odessavinprom «French Boulevard»; Museum of cognac business Shustov; Night in Odessa)
2. PJSC Odessavinprom «French Boulevard». “French Boulevard” – a brand with has rich history and French roots, the foundation of which is laid way exquisite style and atmosphere of champagne – special drink for special moments. The history of the brand begins with 1857, when the French merchant F.Nuvo laid Malofontanskoy wine cellars on the road to 1902 – French Boulevard. And until now, that is where part of the production and the main office. Wine collections of TM “French Boulevard” are manufactured to the highest quality standards and are produced in the factory equipped with the most modern equipment for processing of grapes the world’s leading manufacturers of Velo (Italy), Fabbri-inox (France). Termovinifikatory latest generation of special yeast race the best companies (Italy, France, South Africa, Germany) guarantee the highest quality of fermentation. Young Select wine and wine produced in a sterile environment at a temperature of 10-12 ° C. Wine Class Reserve aged 6 to 12 months in French barriques barrels-of Radoux.
3. Museum of cognac business N.L. Shustov. Here you’ll visit Museum opened in honor of the 150th anniversary of Shustov. In 1990 the Shustov’s brandy won the Grand Prix at the World Exhibition in Paris. From that time Shustov was honored to write “cognac”, not “brandy” at its products. You will enjoy tasting of 5 types of vintage cognac. Cognac – a truly divine drink. For nearly four hundred years of its production fanned many secrets. A grand experience of generations. The knowledge collected bit by bit. Skill, honed over the years and centuries. This is what hides from the eyes of the uninitiated brandy – the drink-history, the beverage of legend. To lift the veil of secrecy over the birth of cognac offers only Ukrainian Museum of cognac business N.L. Shustov. It is located in the historic heart of the city – in the old basements Odessa Cognac Factory. Exhibits unique collections date back to the end XIX – early XX century.
2. Institute of Viticulture and Winemaking named V.Е. Tairova. The next is Tairov Institue of Winemaking, one of the oldest in Ukraine research institutions working in the sphere of viticulture and wine making. The Institute regularly organizes educational tours of wine tasting. The goal is to promote a culture of drinking, familiarization with the world types of wine. The oldest in Ukraine research organization that works in the industry of viticulture and winemaking. Consistently high quality of the wines, which are produced under the brand name of the Institute “Tairovskie wine” since 2004, received the awardа of Assembly of business of Ukraine quality mark “High Grade”, International quality mark “European Quality”, “100% natural.” After wine tasting – return to the city centre. Time for leisure. Optional visit to the Opera and Ballet House.
3. Opera House. Odessa Opera and Ballet Theater – the first theater in Odessa and New Russia at the time of construction, value and popularity. The first building was opened in 1810 and burned down in 1873. The modern building was built in 1887 by the architects Fellner and Helmer in neo- Baroque Vienna. Interior auditorium stylized architecture of the late French rococo. The unique acoustics of the hall allows horseshoe to convey even a whisper from the stage to any part of the room. The full restoration of the theater building was completed in 2007. In the theater, he conducted Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Rachmaninov, Fedor Chaliapin sang Salome Krushelnytska, Leonid Sobinov danced Anna Pavlova and Isadora Duncan. Alexander Pushkin mentions Odessa theater in the novel “Eugene Onegin”. The magazine «Forbes» included the Odessa theater list of the most unusual sights of Eastern Europe. In the evening you can visit the theater, by going to the ballet or opera.
DAY 3 : UA. Odessa – Shabo – Belgorod-Dnestrovsky. (Wine Cultural Center Shabo; Fortress of Belgorod-Dnestrovsky)
1. Wine Cultural Center Shabo. This day you’ll visit Wine Culture centre Shabo. It is the exclusive cultural centre in Ukraine combining operating advanced enterprise, ancient wine cellars, degustation room, exposition of modern sculptures and architecture, as well as Winemaking museum. Shabo Wine Culture Centre is fascinating for anybody interested in wine and wine-making. It is an ideal focal point for a trip to the town. The bus will take you directly to the small village called Shabo. Passing by the vineyards, you will step into the amazing world of Shabo wine. See, feel, taste and have experience of all the Shabo stands for and take some very special memories away with you: -Inside the Dionysus fountain – the symbol of Shabo – you can actually touch the miracle ofwine-making. -Experience the passion of Andalusia in the 200 year old sherry cellar. -Discover the fascinating history of Shabo in specially commissioned film “featuring” the Swiss wine-maker Louis Tardent, who was the founder and first mayor of Shabo. -Explore ancient legends associated with wine and test your sense of direction in our unusual museum labyrinth. – Walk in footsteps of Alexander Pushkin and the King of Romania as you visit the unique King’s Cellar, built almost two centuries ago by the Swiss colonist. -Witness the wine-making process itself with its balance of traditions and innovations. -Taste Shabo wines – the result of tender care and unique terrain between the sea and the river estuary. -Finish the tasting with some culinary surprises, made especially for you at the Centre of Wine Culture’s restaurant. Then your coach will bring you to one of the best fortresses at the south of Ukraine - Belgorod-Dnestrovsky fortress.
2. Fortress of Belgorod-Dnestrovsky. The fortress of Belgorod-Dnestrovsky is a monument of history and urban planning XIIIXV centuries. It is one of the best preserved in Ukraine. Its dimensions, it surpasses all such fortifications country. The total area of the fortress is 9 hectares. The fortress lies on the rocky shore of the Dniester estuary and has the form of an irregular polygon. Previously, it consisted of four courtyards, each with a specific purpose and can independently conduct defense (currently, only three survived the castle courtyard). All the buildings are surrounded by strong fortress walls, which reaches a length of 2.5 km. After 40-45 m curtain were built towers and bastions. Their original number reached 34, 12 of them are hollow battle towers. The rest – bastions and half-bastion. Later they were turned into a platform for installation of artillery. Many tower strongholds have their own names (Ovidiy tower, Maiden), Watchtower, Pushkin tower, which have become a reflection of the local stories and legends. At the evening we come back to Odessa.
Odessa (UA) – Batumi (GE)
Map of the tour
DAY 4 :UA – GE, Odessa – Tbilisi – Sighnaghi. (Arrival in Tbilisi; Monastery Ninotsminda (VI); The ancient wine cellar; Sightseeng tour in Sighnaghi (XVIII) – city of love; Night in Sighnaghi)
DAY 5. GE, Sighnaghi – Telavi. (The house – museum of famous Georgian poet; Prince Alexandre Chavchavadze; Sightseeng tour in Telavi; Night in Telavi)
DAY 6. GE, Telavi – Gori. (The ancient city of Uplistsike (VI-IV BC); Joseph Stalin’s Museum; Night in Gori)
DAY 7. GE, Gori – Kutaisi. (Kutaisi city excursion; The Motsameta Church; Night in Kutaisi)
DAY 8. GE, Kutaisi – Batumi. (Sightseeng tour in Batumi; Batumi botanical garden; Wine house; Night in Batumi)
DAY 9. GE, Batumi. (Departure for Batumi airport)
Photos of the tour